This smoothie has a very distinct vanilla flavor. You can’t go wrong with just peaches and strawberries, but vanilla adds another dimension to this peach smoothie. It’s absolutely delightful. If you are looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast, this smoothie is it.
I used to use vanilla beans to make this smoothie, there is nothing like them. Nowadays, with the vanilla prices where they are, I use vanilla extract. It’s not the same, but very close. Vanilla, peaches and strawberries are such a great combination.
To make this smoothie a real morning power drink, I added a cup of Greek yogurt. Not only does it add pleasant tart taste, but it also adds a healthy amount of protein. I usually add a couple of teaspoons of maple syrup to balance out the tartness of Greek yogurt.
Blender used to make this peach smoothie: Waring Pro MX1000XTX XTREME commercial grade blender.
Looking for more great smoothie recipes? Check these out:
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie with Raspberries and Mango
- Mango, Orange and Pear Smoothie
Peach Smoothie with Strawberries, Vanilla and Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain or vanilla
- 3 ripe peaches medium size, pitted and cut in halves and quarters
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and rinsed
- 1 vanilla bean seeds only
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tsp maple syrup optional. Use with plain yogurt. Vanilla is sweetened
- Slit the vanilla beans lengthwise, and scrape the seeds from them with a small knife.
- Put the seeds and the rest of the ingredients into the blender jar and blend on the highest speed for 40 seconds. Serve immediately.